Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oh Blog O' Shame Award, How I've Missed You

Click here to be taken to the homepage of the awarded blog



This blog author has started a blog to keep her family and friends (and us, the people of the world) up to date on the adoption journey she and her husband have embarked on.

Great.

In her post from September 29, she talks about how they decided on Azerbaijan from where they want to get a baby.  I give her props.  She did her homework.  She contacted an agency to find out what the requirements were for three countries (Ethiopia, Azerbaijan or Bulgaria) and the one that had the most babies, less wait time and wouldn't mind that she and her husband have only been married one year won.  

Can't adopt from Romania because you have to have dual citizenship.  Can't adopt from Haiti because you have to have been married for over ten years and be over 35.  Another country charges a $10,000 humanitarian fee. 

Sigh.  What's another $10,000 when you're already shelling out money to get a kid?  Apparently it's too much for this PAP.

Oh, and they didn't choose domestic adoption because:

With domestic adoption you have to think about relationships with the child’s birth-mother, your involvement in the pregnancy, open versus closed adoption, the age of the child, will you be involved in foster care or potentially adoption from a foster care program, etc.

Right.  Because taking the child thousand of miles away from their country is ALWAYS a great idea.  At least they won't have to deal with the pesky birth mothers.

But the part of the blog that REALLY got me angry is this:

Of course there are many ways to serve the Kingdom of God. You do not need to adopt to prove you are a Christian.
But if you want to be a Super-Christian you can adopt a child AND take care of this widow.
Old LadyYou go, girl.



As one of my friends said when she saw this blog, if you really wanted to be a mega super duper Christian, you would take care of the widow and use the money you're spending to get that child you covet and help her keep her children instead of taking them away from the only stability and home they've had.



5 comments:

  1. I want to leave a comment but I fear she is too stupid to understand it. I shudder to think of the "gratitude indoctrination" their adoptee will receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She also doesn't know the country is in Europe or Asia. Oy ve, the kid's racial and ethnic identity is gonna be awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I've got a blog ready to go about it and to send people over here (and to the original), but i need to clarify something first. I remember a long time ago there was a Hall of Shame award that was issued pretty weekly. Did you do that? I can't find any record of it, but I remember it will. I don't want to put anything in myblog that's wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marley..yes, I used to do the Blog of Shame Award posts on my "Out of the Fog" blog. :) I'm resurrecting it on this one.

      Delete
  4. I missed you, Blog Of Shame Awards!

    ReplyDelete